Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What the HUMR? Anticipation



We’re about a week and a half out from the Red Hot 55K in Moab. There is an excitement building in me that I haven’t had in months. When not sleep deprived, I have been daydreaming of racing again and starting the year off on a good note. Often, this kind of anticipation improves my race day performance. I find myself more motivated when running fewer races. I've also scaled back my mileage this winter and have focused on strength training. We’ll see if my legs remember what to do come February 15th. There's a smaller HUMR group running this race this year, but it should still be a great time. Good luck to everyone as their 2014 season begins!



Another event we should be eagerly awaiting is the "2nd Annual 6 Hours of Malans" fun run on June 1st. While the random awards for this event are still being worked out, I wanted to provide a sneak preview of what one lucky HUMR will win.

Art by Dan Stiles

2 comments:

Breein Clark said...

You will do great at red hot!

Debbie and Lane said...

I forgot about that picture at the finish of Red Hot! I hope I'm smiling that big after this year's race!